Private Pilot Certification:
Total Time: 40 hours minimum, which consists of at least-
1. Dual: 20 hours minimum of flight training with an instructor on the Private Pilot areas of operation including:
- 3 hours of cross country flight training in a single engine airplane
- 3 hours of night flight training in a single engine airplane, that includes at least
- 1 cross country flight of over 100 nm total distance; and
- 10 T/O’s and 10 landings to a full stop with each involving a flight in the traffic pattern at an airport.
- 3 hours of flight training by reference to instruments in a single engine airplane
- 3 hours of flight training in a single engine airplane within the 60 days prior to the practical test.
2. Solo: 10 hours minimum of solo flying in a single engine airplane on the Private Pilot areas of operation including:
- 5 hours of solo cross country flying
- 1 solo cross country flight of at least 150nm total distance with full stop landings at 3 points and one segment of at least 50nm between T/O and landings
- 3 T/O’s and landings to a full stop at an airport with an operating control tower.